Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Flash Back Friday!!

The weekend has finally arrived!  Woo Hoo!!!
 
I thought I would share a few lamps that I made last fall.  There is something funky about Industrial and Steampunk that I am drawn to and I just start making things.
Most of the lamps are made from old, vintage or antique items that I repurposed as lamps.
 
The first lamp is an old Atwater Kent speaker that I picked up from an Estate Sale that only had the fabric intact.  I removed the fabric and sanded the rusty thing down (sorry I cannot find the before pictures) and hand painted the entire thing with metallic paints.
                                            The neat thing about this lamp is the 4 light bulbs. 
 This lamp has all new wires and lamp sockets.
                                                             The entire finished speaker lamp from the front.  I kept the original name plate in the front and reattached when I was finished painting.  
                                        The back of the speaker lamp with the original number plate attached.
I painted the entire piece by brush.  I like the look of the metallic paint brushed on.
This is metallic silver.
The base of the lamp and the front of the lamp I used a metallic copper paint.  Again, I brushed it on and it has a different texture/look then the silver.
 
FOR SALE $125 includes the bulbs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
This little lamp is just recycling of some copper pipe that once was used for plumbing.  The light socket is also recycled from an old lamp. 
 
SOLD 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
This lamp was an old heater.  I kept the green flakey paint as I found it as well as the patina on the copper.  I added new wires and socket and a bulb cover.
Bulb cover closed up around light bulb.

Bulb cover opened up.

Back of the housing.
 
FOR SALE $68
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This lamp was another of my favorites.  I used galvanized pipes, old valves and a timing chain gear.  Not sure why this picture is so darn small!!!  UGH! (still learning).
 
 
SOLD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you very much for visiting with me on this Flash Back Friday!!
 
 
                                                                                                                                                                                               


No comments:

Post a Comment